Local health advocates play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of policy change to improve health in their countries. With a deep understanding of the issues and strong, established relationships with members of their communities and governments, they have the knowledge and connections to get their voices heard. PATH’s approach is distinctive because it positions organizations and advocates for long-term success through our effective 10-part advocacy strategy. To strengthen the advocacy capacity of local organizations and individuals to build champions for health, we:
- Support organizations and champions in developing tailored advocacy strategies that reflect their priorities and contexts.
- Provide tools and on-the-job support services to current and potential advocates, including skill-building workshops.
- Identify potential partnerships with policymakers and influencers.
PATH works hand-in-hand with health advocates and organizations to assess policy advocacy options, plan goals and activities, and develop strategies for advocacy impact. This menu of tools enables advocates and facilitators to build the capacity of their own and other organizations:
Stronger Health Advocates, Greater Health Impact
- Advocacy Capacity Support from PATH Read the full brochure >>
- Map Your 10-Part Advocacy Impact Strategy View the infographic >>
A Workshop Curriculum on Policy Advocacy Strategy Development
- Facilitator’s Guide View the guide >>
Arabic, Chinese, French, Hindi, Portuguese,
Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Vietnamese
- Facilitator’s Slide Set View the slide set >>
- Training of Facilitators Manual View the manual >>
- Workbook View the workbook >>
- Interactive E-learning Course View the course >>
NEW: A Workshop Curriculum on Strengthening Advocacy Coalitions
These case studies of advocacy success from around the world illustrate how PATH’s 10-part approach to advocacy can be used to achieve lasting policy change. This collection can be used as a resource to demonstrate how global health advocates can develop strategies to achieve policy goals. Read the case studies >>
This publication of stories from Africa and Asia illustrate how PATH’s 10-part advocacy method was used to accomplish policy objectives that improve health outcomes. Read Strategies and Stories from the Field >>