Integrated HIV & Wellness and Combating Stigma amongst MSM living with HIV project
This public private partnership project between USAID, MAC AIDS, Raizcorp and PATH focused on enhancing private-sector engagement on HIV issues facing workers and the surrounding communities. It further worked to improve access to key HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for men who have sex with men living with HIV (MSMLHIV) by developing evidence-based interventions for the mitigation of stigma experienced by MSMLHIV in South Africa.
HIV and wellness for small and micro-business enterprises
- Support 110 micro-small private companies in KwaZulu-Natal who are part of the iSimangaliso Enterprise Programme with HIV wellness skills.
- Strengthen organizational capacity in the private sector to sustain the integrated HIV wellness program beyond 2016.
- Strengthen links between rural micro-small business enterprises and the local rural communities in HIV wellness awareness.
Combating stigma among MSM living with HIV
- Generate well-grounded research evidence (both quantitative and qualitative) of the nuances of stigma.
- Generate recommendations for advocacy and programming, to support policy and programs to mitigate stigma.
- Build the core competencies and capacity of MSMLHIV in South Africa to proactively engage in research processes around stigma (partnering with CBOs).